theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire What can I say that probably hasn't already been said? Well firstly the names of some of the characters, America and Brazil I mean come on! I kept tripping up at the start over America's name and was relieved when they started calling her Mare, this is my only gripe of the book - those names to me were so unrealistic and not proper names, saying that though it didn't warrant knocking a star off for two stupid names. Gripe over.

As to the story, well it captures you from the start and I love that Abby aka Pidge is a different kind of heroine, fighting her past demons and trying to change her future to be a nothing like her past. I loved the glimpses of where she came from though for example the drinking competition on her birthday and when she met Travis' family.

It's a great modern day love story and I was hooked in from the start, Jamie has a great easy writing style and captures the essence of her characters extremely well.