theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1)

Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1) - Raine Miller I may be in the minority, yes this book is good, it's a good start to a series but it lacked that oompf that turns it into a page turner. I could tell it was a non english person trying to write english prose and for the most of it was captured it well, but it was let down by the overuse of some english terms and the incorrect use of American wording that English people just wouldn't say. That said the basis of the story was sound I just have that nagging feeling that it could have executed better. The top books of this genre don't have any waffle they steam along with no need to go off rails, I felt in this book general things got over analysed in some parts of the text and some feelings and thoughts were repeated a lot.

I will go on to read book two as like I said it is a good book and I wonder how the story will develop further.