theromancevault

The Romance Vault

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me - Sarra Manning I happened across this by accident and I'm actually really glad I did. I'm not sure how well it will go down with 'across the pond readers' as it's very English as in, it's totally British vernacular and oh how I loved it.

I have to say I read an awful lot of 'big words' as Max would say and become quite settled very early on the way this book was delivered to the reader. I loved the idea of the pancake relationship and how Max and Neve dealt with it.

Max, so affable and so endearing but he's a total manwhore. I loved his witty dialogue and his snappy comebacks. I think he is embedded in my brain forever now.

Neve's character is so darn believable, she could very well have been any one of us, she wasn't thin and sexy, she had issues with her weight, I loved her issues with the 'sleepover' and coming to terms with having a person in bed with her, lol that is so real life. I totally loved her battle with Gustave and his excerise regime. I just loved the fact this was an 'ordinary' girl in an ordinary world.

It's one those books that leaves the sex scenes to your imagination, not spelled out for you to devour with each occassion, and that's one of the things I liked about this book. It's choc full of swear/cuss words but that's as far as it goes. So it's up to date dialogue without falling into the catagory of erotica/adult with endless sex scenes.

I warn you now, only pick this book up with the intent to have a spare few days to read it because if your like me you'll get sucked right into living in Neve's flat and working at the 'Library' (Literary Archives) and juggling weightloss, work and a pancake relationship.

This is definitely a literary romance, it's wordy because of Neve's character and what she does for a living, she's a total intellect, but it's also wordy in the sense of the way the characters are written and immersed into you head and living there for a couple of days whilst your reading this book. This romance is very believable, it's also screaming out to be made into a romcom film. It has all the ingredients to be a blockbuster.