theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Surrender Your Love (Surrender Your Love, #1)

Surrender Your Love - J.C. Reed I'm going to stick with 4 stars for this book, it had the potential to be bordering on 5 stars but I can't ignore I felt some paragraphs were over descriptive and drawing out the story to make it longer. I get irrated when a book goes into long speel over an emotion and subsequent paragraphs in my mind can be halved or even more and still get the same point across.

That said you can't deny the chemistry between Brooke and Jett it's definitely sizzling and hot. I have to say though I couldn't connect too well with Sylvie's character, she seemed uncaring and callous at times bordering on selfish and then other times she did come across as the best friend ever.

I was half way through the book when my suspicions over Jett were springing to mind, I think the twist in the tale was clever and enough to certainly keep the reader hooked on wanting to find out what happens next in book 2.

All in all this is a good book, it's story does captivate and it's written well. Your engaged enough straight away and the plot is very plausible.

I can't help thinking though this very well may have been a book that should have been published as a 500 odd word count book and not get drawn out into several book, I hope it concludes in book 2.