theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Wanted

Wanted - Amanda Lance I've read quite a few 'captive' books but I have to say this is the first one I've read that had no sex in it whatsoever and to be honest it was really refreshing and totally worked on the tame level, it didn't need any steam to keep you captivated. And that surprised me. I was surprised to be so drawn into the story and was cross I read it on my work days so I couldn't devour it in one day, I didn't want to put it down but I had too and that in itself says its a good read. I am actually fluctuating between 4 and 4.5 stars.

Yes there was some little oddities going on in the time line like the name of the captors was apparent before she knew their names, some of it may have been me trying to cram the pages in quick before work called, but I honestly didn't care at the oddities, I was enjoying the story.

I was picturing Charlie and Ben, dear ole Polo and even Reid played his part and he wasn't very endearing. I was in the warehouse, on the ship and on their journey wherever it took them and I really enjoyed the ride. I loved Polo and his completely adolescent ways and his laughter, I was picturing the galley and the haphazard way Polo was feeding them and burning everything, his slightly manical behaviour towards living was fun to watch play out. I found myself endeared towards Charlie, with his character and his speech he was brought to life extremely well, as was Addie, sometimes I forgot she was only 17 but then with her IQ you could understand why.

If I have one gripe about this book I would say I read enough books to find some books a little over descriptive and this sometimes did just that, sometimes the same point was being questioned over and over but with different words and that kinda gets frustrating, so I would ask the author to maybe try and curb a little bit of that if she can, I may very well have been up there with awarding 5 stars if she had in this book.

I wonder at how it was left if there is going to be a book 2 as the story could develop further quite easily and it did end a little suddenly, so maybe that is in Amanda's mind. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if there was a book 2, it's one of those that could go either way, satisfied at one or extend into a second. It's not one of those books that you feel the complete loss of finishing it but it is going to remain with me because of the characters and I will be re-reading this book at some point in the future to refresh myself with them.