theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Undescribable (Undescribable, #1)

Undescribable (Undescribable, #1) - Shantel Tessier .
Between 3.5 and 4 stars.

OK so I read the reviews on this and the synopsis and thought ok this sounds right up my street, romance, bad boy, girl whose had it rough, definitely hot sex but you've got to have patience and wait for things to hot up if all you want is the sexy bits. Me personally I enjoy watching a playboy turn into one of the smucks he's laughed at before and find themselves now smitten for one girl only and I enjoy watching them having to work damn hard to get that one girl's attention and trust.

And therein lies a tiny niggly problem, its a long wait but the build up is good as far as build ups go and then it just plateaus and we're following along with a lot of sexy encounters and day to day life with them and I mean; A LOT. And to be really honest between the 60 and 90% marker it was bordering on repetitive sex, boozey outings and general stuff. What kept me reading on was Shantel's absolute knack with words. You really feel you get into the heads of both Sam and Slade and I found myself many times smirking and laughing at Slade's thoughts on relationships and trying to work out if he was doing it right or wrong.

What happens towards the end also redeems the book immensely, oh how I cried, the way everything was written was really poignant and totally rocks your emotional mindset. I will read on in the undescribable series, but I do hope Shantel curbs the need to fill out any future books and keeps it punchy and eases up on the boring bits and maybe I hate to say it eases up on the sex a little too.