theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)

Waking Kiss - Annabel Joseph Can't help it, I loved it!

There's something about the way Annabel writes, her characters leap off the pages and dance their story in a heady mesmerising way. Your Alice with Annabel's books, you fall down the hole and into their world and watch in wonder as everything comes to life before you.

Again there's elements of BDSM I just don't get along with in this book but hey I know they are my issues and I am never going to knock an author writing about certain things in certain ways just because I struggle with the pain of it. At the end of the day I am in it for the ride and and if the story delivers as in this case it does then who I am to judge the aspects that I myself can't handle, that isn't fair on the author. I have to be a grown up and get past it and enjoy the piece of work for what it is, fiction and fiction done extremely well. Who would have thought BDSM and ballet would go hand in hand and work together but by heck it does in this book, it isn't dirty, it isn't demeaning, it's a love story with kink and phew is it kinky HOT!

I struggle with anything whips, canes, heck anything that in my eyes harms the recipient of it and causes pain, I can't get it straight in my head when whipping said love of your life is a way of expressing love but if you feel the same as me I hope you can get past it too and enjoy this journey between Liam and Ashleigh, it's a heck of a journey and I loved the fact it started and finished in one book.

I am really looking forward to Ruby's story, you can't help but fall in love with him too, yes Ruby is a him, read this book and you'll know why he's called Ruby.