theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Very Bad Things (Briarcrest Academy, #1)

Very Bad Things (Briarcrest Academy, #1) - Ilsa Madden-Mills Well blow me down if this book ever gets less than a four star rating from anybody all over the world then I will have to smack them upside the head and tell them to read it again and this time properly! Because quite simply it totally deserves nothing less than top marks, but don't just listen to me, I am only falling in line having been captivated along with all the other reviewers at this time and we can't all be wrong now can we.

Oh my lord is this a good book or what! Your pulled every which way with emotions and drama. You'll love Leo one minute and then hate him with a fire incensed passion the next. You'll love Nora and then you'll be blown away with what she's dealing with and christ do I think the author portrayed her as dealing with it so well. You'll have characters in this book that will literally leave you wanting to commit murder, you'll be left tearful at the exchanges sometimes, feel downright low along with Nora and feel her pain and her resolve as you follow along with her journey.

Honestly, the synopsis does not prepare you for the depth in this book, don't think this is just another typical college girl and college drama book because it absolutely isn't, it is so adult in every way. Written with the right amount of everything from social standing, love, lust, anger, protectiveness, to raw drama, exceptional parenting of the worst kind, finding your identity and self worth and living for yourself and not for others. Crikey this book has it all and it ALL is remarkably written and displayed before us in an exemplarly fashion, it was so addictive and those 320 odd pages just flew by.

The author got me, pulled me in and pleased me tremendously, I am a fan just from this one book, her prose is intellectual but not over the the top, her ideas are great and she definitely has the knack with words and I can see big things happening for Isla in her writing career because it is going to take off and explode for her I think. Good luck and keep writing because I can't wait to read more from you Isla!