theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Tragically Flawed

Tragically Flawed - A.M. Hargrove First I've got to say that 390 pages for 49p was excellent value for money, secondly I'll have to say that 390 pages went rather quickly, it's a read you find you don't want to put down. This is a read that absorbs you in straight away. You feel each and every blow from Jasper towards to Riv and you feel her absolute terror when faced with an angry Shan and other situations. God but Riv's character was written pretty much flawlessly, same too for Shan, heck all the characters you come across reach your brain loud and clear. Some might argue that Riv's trauma was dragged out, I would absolutely disagree, I felt each and every episode was relevant not knowing how she was going to deal with certain things added to the angst.

As for the sex scenes, well what can I say, written well and sexy as hell as was their blossoming romance.

The start of the this book totally grabs you, Marsha Sue has your palm twitching for some action, Shan has your head shaking at his temper, Jasper has your mouth wide open at what he is doing and Riv has your eyes watering from what's she dealing with and then recovering from. The middle of this book though is where it lost half a star for me, it kinda dragged a little, not a great deal but I did feel slowed up just a smidge. The last quarter picked right back up again and although you knew what was coming really, it didn't detract at all from the fact it wasn't a surprise, my only gripe would be I don't think the it was fully wrapped up how it should have been, there were some trails left open and I didn't like that. Unless this has been done on purpose and there's a book two which in all honesty I hope not. I hope that this was their full story but I can see it being taken further.

I look forward to reading more from this author.