theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning OK this book would have easily got 5 stars if it hadn't been for the repetitive prose. God that annoys me. Over a quarter way through the book and we were still being reminded of why Mac doesnt say swear words and what happened to her sister and a multitude of other repetitive stuff. Authors you can have a prologue in each book and just bring your audience up to speed quickly - it's better for the reader who is reading them back to back to not have to suffer through repeats, just airing my aggrevation when subjected to it.

That said, I still love this series and will be reading the next instalment although I am dreading two books worth of repeats in the next one, please let it not be so. These book contain great lead characters, very good world building and suspenseful. They make you want to keep reading on and again Karen's chatty prose is great to read.