theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Sempre - J.M. Darhower Have you ever felt your worth is only what you have been bought for?
Have you ever lived in fear of the response of your action from others good or bad?
Have you ever felt the need to keep a certain distance from anyone that's around you to try to keep yourself safe?
Have you ever felt not ever having hope?
Have you ever felt the utter freedom of someone letting you have the chance to make a choice about/for yourself?

Well I have never felt any of those until I read this book. Utterly mesmerising, captivating and pure emotions pore from this absolutely fantastic story. I just travelled a journey with Haven and felt every single emotion with her. I've just balled my eyes out at some of the most emotional writing I've read in a long time, I will never forget spilling a glass of juice, I will never forget that scene which was written with the exact amount of sensory effort and feeling and oh how I cried with Haven at the window at Christmas looking at the snow.

This book throws at you all the everday choices and freedoms we take so carefree and for granted in life and smacks you upside the head as you follow the life of a person who had never ever had that luxury.

Every single character in this book is portrayed brilliantly, I even shed a tear for Nicholas. I loved Carmine and his fiery mouth, and his sensitive side as he fought his own painful memories, I loved how he and Haven were both finding themselves. I loved Dom, Tess and Dia. Heck I even loved Vincent. Corrado and Celia were also special. All of these characters were there to bring this book to life and none of them were wasted, they all had great parts to play.

This book is simply amazing and you need to read it to understand the depth and penmanship of this brilliant author as she brings la famiglia to life within it's pages.