theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Disastrous - E.L. Montes OK so I won't go say far as to say this book was riveting but I will admit I got suckered into their story and found myself wanting to get to the end to find our how 'Disastrous' their relationship was going to be. And yes I am going to have to admit that some of the text got me into a frustrated lather purely because it tinkled along steadily instead of blowing me away.

The bones of the story was good enough and I have to say if it wasn't for the little insight right at the start of the book when she's fleeing with blood stains etc I wonder at how many readers would have stayed glued to the story to get to the part to find out what had gone on? I feel it's the suspense of that part that keeps your hooked.

Yes I am definitely going to read book 2 but then will they stay in my mind and will I want to read them again? Well hand on heart I can almost guarantee that as a no but let's see how book pans out. It's not that the book wasn't good enough, it's just that it's not riveting enough. Edited to now read - That yes I will at some point read this again and book 2. The whole story comes together and actually made me glad I've read them.

The romance element is good, the suspense element is good, the hotness element was steamy, but it just doesn't fall into the excellent, fab and wowsers catagory for me.