theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Entwined with You  - Sylvia Day Like a bottle of champagne left open for several days, book 1 was yummy, fizzy and sizzling, by book 2 the fizz had begun to deflate and turn a little off and now this book 3 the bubbles are gone, it's flat and sadly totally off.

Ok I am seriously peed off at the constant deluge of reminders from the author/publishing house that think we the reader need to be reminded of EVERY LITTLE PIECE OF INFO from the previous books. Seriously, it's regurgitated so many times throughout this book that I was sick of it and the story was being really dragged down by major overload of constant 'memory joggers' that flood this book.

I feel completely deprived of a plot that just isn't there anymore. There's a lot of sex and not so much story and a barrage of repetition, so I ask you is this what we really want to pay our money on? For me no, this is simply not good enough.

I am not going to bash this book based on a weak story, because actually the overall story is quite good and grammatically excellent, but it could have just been told in two books at the most. And wait - because OMG there is now 5 books in this series. I mean what a total farce to keep dragging this out and it can only be for financial gain. Let's face it this book 3 was so full of repetitive crap that it shouldn't have been a book 3 in its own right but should have been part of book 2 and half of book 2 should have been book 1. So come on Sylvia Day give us some credence to having brains, we are not your money train and show us some respect as what you're doing with now having 5 books is leaving us with very little respect for you. This story is being presented to us really poorly, it is dreadfully weakened by stringing it out with very little plot and all the repetition fillers. It wasn't necessary, it really wasn't needed and I don't appreciate books that contain so much of it. For such a big standing publishing house and a now `well known' author all I can say is SHAME ON YOU!

This could have been a two book cracker but now with 5 books a lot of readers are going to be alienated because it really isn't needed. And let's not forgot how long it took to publish book 2 and 3 so now you're on the wait pile for book 4 - for me no - I absolutely refuse to be led by the drama that will surround this now 5 book series and I will definitely not be reading book 4 or 5 and let's face it kudos to FSOG at least E.L. James did the honourable thing and completed her trilogy in three books! And as much as I like Gideon he can blame his creator for switching us off his story because of poor deliverance and what was once going to be a trilogy now being dragged out into a series.