theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Beyond Shame - Kit Rocha .
Hovering between 3.0 and 4.0 stars

On the one hand I really enjoyed this book, it was hot, it was erotic and it was a clever world created by these two people.

On the other hand I found bits of text that I had to keep re-reading, it was as though there were tiny little jumps in the story and I had to go back over the past paragraph or two sometimes just to see why I was a bit confused. Some of the time it was me, I read to fast for my own good sometimes but then others it was that the story did actually do little time warps on me. I also sometimes didn't get the vernacular, it whipped off on a descriptive tangent so fast sometimes it gave me whiplash.

All in all this is a good read, it's definitely got enough going for it that it captures you, some of the BDSM is a bit squeeze your cheeks in, squinting one eye whilst your chin starts to lower and sit on your chest. It's not love as in hearts and flowers it's love as in Sectors in a world where anything goes and pretty much anything does!

Glad I read it, I will probably read on in the series but I need to be in control of all my faculties I think to get a grip on the text that these two authors pen, so I need to get a good nights sleep in first!