theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites, #2) - Avery Aster .
3.5 to 4.0 stars.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the author in return for an honest review.

After devouring book 1 in the Manhattanites series I needed to jump right in and get my fix of Avery's writing style again and wow is all I can say. What a ride she takes us on again.

I do though have to say I didn't quite enjoy this book as much as book 1. Why? I absolutely loved Warner, I just didn't get enough of him, he didn't really materialise into the story into after half way through. I felt the start of this book wasn't as strong as book 1 and I felt myself wavering to want to keep carrying on reading it. It was only the thought of them getting together that kept me going and I have to say is I am sooo glad I did.

Taddy is another fierce heroine, she doesn't hold her tongue, she sexes up everything and I mean everything but she does have a vunerable side which is quite endearing.

Again this book is totally crude, a little lewd, downright dirty bad but if you're ok reading that then you'll love these books. They are raw, Avery holds nothing back in her vernacular, balls to the walls and all, she delivers a punchy, steamy as heck, dirty as hell but with all the gliz and glam lifestyle at you again. It is kind off addicting.