theromancevault

The Romance Vault

Saltwater Kisses: A Billionaire Love Story - Krista Lakes I am flitting between 3 and 4 stars, mostly because although this isn't a page turner it was exactly what I was wanting to read at this time. And it was a quick read, I read this in a couple of hours.

After just reading Karina Halle's The Artists Trilogy, I needed a softer romance that wouldn't clash with where my head was at after the whirlwind read I'd just experienced. And I have to say this ticked all the boxes of a gentle, slightly old fashioned and rather predictable and typical billionaire romance. Which like I said above is exactly what I was wanting to read.

I do agree with the other reviewers the ending was really rushed and could have been explored a lot further, I also thought it could have gone into more depth of how she was feeling only seeing him at his office when she did. I also wanted to see whether his workload had been dispersed better when they got their HEA, and I think some kind of vilanous character would have taken it up a notch too.

This book does contain sex scenes but are written on the tame side and a bit flowery as in you'll be reading words like 'pleasure centre' 'blissful explosions' to give you an idea but having said that they were still a little bit steamy and quite readable. If you are not into toned down steamy sessions though, then I would advise that this book will probably not be what your looking for. His apparant constant position swapping was a tad annoying as was his lack of a good aim (you'll have to read the book to get that one!)

All in all a pleasant albeit predictable read that is totally a typical billionaire read, which sometimes is all we need as we want to just relax and get our billionaire fix.