theromancevault

The Romance Vault

The Art of Control (The Art of D/s #3)

The Art of Control (The Art of D/s #3) - Ella Dominguez .
Wowsers!

Before I go into the gushy part of reviewing this last book in the trilogy I have got say that I was very close to knocking a star off at the 1st quarter of this book. I was having a hard time reading so many sex scenes - yeah I know seems ridiculous doesn't it, but there was such a fest going on I was getting frustrated at where the story had disappeared to. But I can happily say it settled down and the plot came exploding back to the forefront, stayed on track and oh boy I can only say that this ended perfectly.

I have been glued to this trilogy and I am little sad it's come to an end. Dylan and Isa will forever stay with me and I will without a doubt revisit them.

I can hand on heart say this is only the third author that I've read that brought to life the sadism element in a loving way in the BDSM enviroment i.e. nothing to do with captivity or stockholm syndrome. It was hard to swallow some of the nastier/pain filled scenes but they were written with such care and attention and the love of these two characters completely out shone the intense play that they loved and needed. Yes this is what the whole story revolved around, it was centre stage but it was so much more too and it was brought to life in an extremely colourful way.